First blog from my new blog spot. I decided to this blog as I am finding more n more girls asking me what I've done to lose baby weight.
Mind you Jackson is almost a year old and I was able to gym everyday so I've had time and opportunity.
However, I am very proud of my efforts as I'm not only at a weight I'm almost happy with but I'm injury free! This means alot to me as Im used to having have a torn muscle somewhere in my body! I actually did my first track session in 4 years a coupe of weeks ago and felt great!
So although i am not qualified in any way I wanted to start this blog to share what i take, do etc to motivate, encourage and convince mummies, women and even guys (who dare to read this) that anyone can get active, get healthy and find that fit, happy person inside all of us!
Fitness for me started when I was 7! I was enrolled into little athletics in Proserpine. From there I competed all through little A's and school athletics. Sprinting is my love, my passion and my talent. I have never truly let go of the dream to run despite tearing every muscle in my legs a number of times! I come from a family of sporties, my mum played hockey and my dad was a runner also, it was always in my makeup to be part of sport I'm sure but this doesn't mean fitness has come easy to me! I can be lazy and refuse to do anything just like everyone else. My downside is that I'm short, I put on weight quickly and I have genetic makeup to be larger. This means I have to workout out, I have to make an effort to keep body weight down.
Now thankfully I love the gym, I love being outside and I love being able to fit into short shorts and crop tops. Who doesn't! I have just had to find a workout that works for my body. Being a sprinter I am lean up top with the ability to get quite muscly in the arms and back - I do very little upper body work because of this and I have big strong legs and butt - this is where my exercise is focused, being a girl fat tends to sit on the bum and thighs anyway but being a sprinter and having a larger area for fat to sit on I really have to attack cardio and lower leg weights. I have fallen in love with the elliptical trainer and squats. Both theses have seen my legs and butt tone, lose weight and become stronger.
I will be putting up the workouts I do in the gym and also what I do if not in a gym. Currently I am working full time so instead of stopping exercise I have built a workout plan I can inside and with the equipment that I currently have to use at work. It's a mix of my sprint drills, my squats, lunges, tiny bit of arm and back work and abs.
I work in supplements and will say prior to this, I never took a supplement, I honestly did not believe in them. BUT since working here I have developed a huge interest in them and cannot believe I hadn't taken anything sooner! My body is stronger, fitter and more importantly healthier due to taking supplements along with exercise and eating right. We push our bodies to the limit with work, socialising and exercising. Even with eating right your body can still lack the required ingredients it needs to keep up with your busy life and exercise routine without falling apart or stalling. Supplements help push you to the next level and push past any slump you get into if exercising for prolonged time frames. The stuff I take has helped me trim down, tone up, recover quickly (huge huge thing for me) and push on to the next level even when I'm fatigued!
For the record, I don't just do all this to be super thin or super lean, I do this for my health, my mind (exercise makes me happy, less stressed and internally a better person) my love of fitness, for Dayne and for Jackson. I want to be fit and healthy in order to chase him around and play and be a positive role model for now and for as he gets older. But I do do it also because fit is sexy and honestly who doesn't want to look in the mirror and be proud of what they see and have achieved?
Stay tuned for next instalment where I will detail the supplements I take and why I chose to take them!
(Remember visit staunchsupplements.com.au for all your supplement needs or call me and I will hook you up.)
J xx
No comments:
Post a Comment