Monday, March 25

Diet and Supplements

I have had a few girls ask me about the supplements I take, why I'm taking them and also what food I'm eating and how often. I've also had some comments that I'm not eating or harming myself to be thin.
Firstly I will touch on the negative things and the food. I have had a history of not being nice to my body. However for the last 5 or so years Ive had a complete turn around, still a love hate relationship with food but I was no longer being horrible to my body. In the last 21months so during pregnancy plus all of Jacs life - more so jacs life I have re educated myself about food, supplements, exercise etc. I've asked people, I've read things, I've listened and I've tried what other people do. All of this has allowed me to find out what works for my body and what doesn't.
I now have a baby to look after, he needs me completely, which means, I can't be harming myself, starving or lacking in anything as it affects Jackson, if I'm sick, I can't play, I can't do whatever Jac needs. So for those who have thought it, think it or say it behind my back I say this - my priority is my son, always will be, my new fitness journey is for him, I will be a role model for Jackson, I will show him eating well is good, exercising is good and being active, playing sports is what all kids should be doing,  I will not allow my son to be part of the 80% of obeses, overweight or fat Australians. I have to set a good example for him, show him that being healthy is the way to be, he will not be heart attack, diabetes or stroke material - how can I do any of that if I myself do not live a healthy, active lifestyle? For those who wish to throw negativity my way, go for it, it will not stop me from being a positive influence on my son, myself or my friends. I do not aim to be thin, I aim to be fit, lean, strong and healthy.
I lean up super quickly on my upper body, I lose weight first on this part of body, do not confuse leanness with being thin. I have muscles in my arms, my back and my abs, if I was thin, I would not have this muscle definition. My body would be lacking therefore muscle wouldn't be developing. I'm
simply very lean. Everyone loses weight quicker off some part of their body, mine is torso, of course
I watch this, hence why I do not spend alot of time on abs or arms. I know how easily I lean, I do not target these areas, I let my daily life look after those bits. (Working, lifting jac, laughing etc etc)
Not only am I not harming my body but I have lost a cold that I have had for almost 2 years! I'm providing my body with everything it needs and my cold has gone, any little niggly sickness I have gotten now goes within days. I am healthy.

Food wise - I eat turkey mince with veggies and red curry paste twice a day, I eat dinner which is either a chicken salad or more turkey mince and veggies. I do not like meat, I eat what I can stomach and that's it. My food is boring but filling and does what it needs to do. For breakfast I eat whole grain muffins with avocado spread, sliced tomato and bean sprouts, I eat 3 muffin halves. For snacks I have fruit or veggies at morning and afternoon tea plus a protein shake at both of those times. After dinner is my biggest issue, I usually have to eat something before I go to bed otherwise I wake with belly pains. It is usually more muffins, crackers with vegemite or the occasional corn chips, tiny teddies, cold rock. During the day if I want a treat I will. I try to be good all day everyday but fail alot!
Now supplement wise - these are what I'm currently taking
I take - wpi by international protein, as I don't eat alot of meat I want and need extra protein, this one is yummy, low in fat and carbs and assists recovery (big thing for me as I'm injury prone) I take this 2-3 times a day with water
Dfine8- this is a weight management/assister plus energy booster. This i take once a day and only during week if im exercising. I take this for its mood enhances, energy increase before a workout and it assists in leaning me up. This helped me lose all baby weight so I love it! This one tastes amazing
aswell.
Amino recovery by international protein - I sip on this during workouts and during day if I feel tight and sore. Great for recovery on my tired muscles
Multivitamins - general health
Hair skin, nails tablets - general health
These are what work for me, these are what my body has responded to and is happy with. Supplements add to a healthy attitude and lifestyle and allows my body to keep up with everything
I'm doing. Especially providing energy to work, look after Jac and a house and dayne!

My blogs and my photos are designed to motivate, to encourage and to show that with persistence anything is possible. I have proved that hard work, healthy eating, no denying yourself, supplements and exercise will give you a body you can be proud of. We should be encouraging a healthy lifestyle not being negative, nasty or disbelieving. It has become the norm to knock down those who want to achieve a good body, it must come from bad habits or good genes and those who aren't carrying alot of weight must be sick or harming themselves. I'm out to show it comes from knowing what you want, being educated and informed enough to be able to go and get it. I want more mums, more women to know they can achieve healthy, they do not need to let go of themselves just because they have kids or a husband or a house to look after. You are the rock in someone's life, you are the teacher, the one who they look to, their role model, don't let them down because your afraid to start, afraid to ask for help or afraid to have negative comments thrown at you. Start today, you won't regret it I promise.
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment