I have recently (just over a month) began full time work again. This has meant no daily gym routine/ cardio time. A thought that, yes, frightened me. As I cannot sit still for long and need to exercise I had to come up with an exercise plan that gave me some cardio, weights and overall body workout while I was at work and while I have limited equipment etc. My little plan has given me a chance to workout my entire body rather then me selecting exercises that only work certain areas, cut down on my obsession with working out and given me some much needed change in my regular workout plan.
Few things I've noticed with this new plan
1. Results were fast and obvious
2. Hungrier, but for good filling foods
3. Stronger in areas I had limited strength
4. Greater strength in areas that have always been good but lacked the strength to go to next level
5. Feeling more content after workouts now - like I had in a lot and gotten a lot out of it.
My little plan is
3- 4 sets of the following
10 times chair lunges with weights if possible - each leg
10 times one legged dead lift with weights if possible - each leg
10 times kettle bell squats
10 times kettle bell swings
10 times walking lunges with weights if possible
10 times calf raises - I do these on a leg press but you can do on a stair
10 times squats - I do on a squat rack with weights - I have just reduced weight and increased to 20 rather then 10 as its hurting knees less - you can do standing squats with weight
10 times squat pulses - again I do on squat rack and 20 instead of 10- you can do standing with weights
10 times ab - either planks, wall sits, crunches, crunches with side twist or crunch with legs in air and touch toes.
I do this work out twice in morning and if shop is quiet I do twice in afternoon. Always try to do three sets.
This workout works my legs (which I love and focus on) my arms and back (which I've never
focused on) and my abs (which I try to do some ab work usually)
I'm usually exhausted by end of my sets and feeling every inch of my body. This to me is a good sign! A sign it is working. Plus it really is quite fun to do, Jackson makes it fun also as he try's to copy what I do. Always good to have a laugh while exercising, if your enjoying it you will keep doing it.
It may seem a lot still, however I really have slowed it down since being back at work. With my new eating, my more relaxed approach and this plan not only have I seen results but I'm not as hard on myself and healthier. For instance, today, I've done no exercise as yet, I've watched iPad movies with Jac, eaten some tiny teddies and cheezels along with my usual daily food. I no longer stress over what I've eaten and try over exercising to make up for it. I chill, I've relaxed and the results are speaking for themselves.
So less pressure on yourselves girls, just enjoy your workout, love your foods, even your tiny teddies or cheezels - whatever your naughty food is, enjoy them once in awhile and your clean
eating/exercising/supplement taking will have more chance of lasting, therefore your new healthy, fit, happy self will happen sooner and last longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment